Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Zoom w a View: Birdhouses found in Port Bruce

While visiting a hamlet situated on the north shore of Lake Erie today (across the lake from Ashtabula, Ohio), I happened to spot five birdhouses near the mouth of a creek and boat channel.

Four of the five seem to be made by the same builder, in my opinion, but I’m not sure about the fifth and most ornate model.


["The builder cuts a large hole and adds a chimney occasionally": photos GAH]

What do you think?




I’ll end up in Pt. Bruce about 20 more times before fall and I’ll ask around and perhaps invite myself to see the builder’s workshop.




["Is this one by the same builder?"]

He and I could compare notes.

***

Please click here to see more birdhouses than you can shake a stick at in Port Bruce.

Is there a birdhouse builder in your neighbourhood?

Please let me know if you have photos of his/her work.

PS After examining the photos, I think the 5 are from the same workshop? I see two similarities.

.

No comments: