Thursday, March 18, 2010

Zoom w a View: A perfect landing in Springbank Pk.

My wife and I have been taking kids to Springbank Pk. since the early 1970s.

Somewhere in the house there is a picture of myself with my youngest son Paul (i.e., Ollie’s father, circa 1974), and we’re sitting in the grass near the site of the playground where Ollie played today.

While Ollie rode on his motorcycle I snuck off to take a few photos of the Thames River.

If you travel east you’ll come to the heart of London, Ontario.


Three Canadian geese took off at one time.


They landed about 10 feet from where I was standing.


“Mom, did you see the geese?” said a boy.


“Yes, I did,” the mother replied.

So did I. I think they smelled the leftover French fries I had in my jacket pocket.

***

If Canada geese eat French fries will they become French Canadian geese?

.

No comments: