Friday, March 26, 2010

Zoom w a View: Will my chickadees return to nest?

Yesterday, while opening the door to my shop, I noticed a pair of chickadees scooting in and out of two birdhouses in my yard.


["I cleaned this one out in 10 seconds": photos GAH]

My feeders are now parked on a shelf outside The Annex, so I haven’t been spotting as many visitors to my yard on a regular basis, and to see the couple inspecting the houses gave me a lift.


While watching each bird pop in and out through the entrance ways, I wondered, should I sneak inside the house for my camera?


["Spring cleaning took 5 minutes 'cause I added a perch. Recognize it?"]

I decided to stand still and watch instead. They soon completed their peekaboo and sped off.

Will they return to nest? I sure hope so.

***

Any birds inspecting your bird boxes or trees and hedges?

.

No comments: