Monday, April 5, 2010

Birdhouse Hunting: I could have stopped a dozen times

While no one was looking I warmed up my bike yesterday, checked the oil, then drove south-east from London toward Port Bruce.


["A rustic birdhouse - aging well, looks sturdy enough to last a few more years": photos GAH]

I thought that our guests wouldn’t miss me while they went for a walk in Old South (London) and I wanted to find the ‘purple martin’ man that another birdhouse owner and builder told me about two weeks ago.

I’d been told if I drove west along Rush Creek Rd. (starts just north of the bridge in Port Bruce) I’d see several round martin houses. Curious, no?


["South of Mapleton, I parked beside Catfish Creek. The birdhouse is on the west side of the road, on south side of creek, steps from the bridge."]

On my way to the small port on the north shore of Lake Erie I spotted several other interesting birdhouses.

I only stopped once - just south of Mapleton - because I was a man on a mission.

I could have stopped a dozen times but wanted to be home before company noticed I was gone.

.

No comments: