Sunday, April 4, 2010

Motorcycle Miles: I snuck out of town while no one was looking

Yesterday started at a quick pace and ended much the same.

Family members arrived early to visit with my son, his wife and the twins and one of their friends arrived just as we started to think about lunch.

While I cleared up dishes my wife took the twins for a walk and those adults that remained went to the back deck.

I put the last dish away, walked out the front door and started up the bike.

I should say good-bye to people, I thought.

“Sneaking out of Dodge, eh?” someone asked.

“Yes,” I said, “but I’ll be back soon.”


["I found a golf course that lined the fairways with colourful birdhouses. Cool.": photo GAH]

And I was. The wind was strong and dark clouds in the sky revealed a storm was blowing toward our city.

The short trip was refreshing nonetheless and the last guest left just after I returned home.

Good timing, but more plans were discussed about the evening ahead.

Where can I hide next? I asked myself.

.

No comments: