Thursday, April 29, 2010

My June trip to Halifax is getting closer

For those few, faithful readers who really care about how sore my arms, leg and back are at the moment - they’re really sore.

And though I had a good sleep last night, after my thoughts settled down - I’m still tired.

Sore and tired.

That’s what I get for helping a friend dig 30 post holes and plant a 10 foot long cedar post in each one.

And there’s much more to do when we pick up the task again next Tuesday. (I took the job to raise more money for my June motorcycle trip. I’d like to upgrade from communal dorms to private rooms at a few hostels I’ll be staying at on my way to the East Coast of Canada and back).


["Soon I'll be buckling up for a long trip. I'm saving my money!": photo GH]

Why, I was so sore and tired yesterday I almost stayed away from my weekly hockey game, but as the game progressed I surprised myself that I was so into it. Maybe my muscles were thinking, this sure beats sinking posts!

Now, if I can get up out of my chair and talk Ollie into buying me a cup of coffee, I’ll walk him over to The Red Roaster.

One, two, three - heave! I’m up!

.

No comments: