Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Ollie and Me: He feeds the birds as much as I do

Ollie and I have some regular routines we perform together so that we’re not under Nanna’s feet every minute.

When I say it’s time to feed the birds Ollie comes with me and pours seeds into two feeders and onto the bench between them.

Yesterday, however, Ollie had a new toy - a plastic dinosaur - and wanted to feed it as well.


["I can put seeds in his mouth": photos by GAH]

He got a kick out of watching seeds pour out of the dinosaur’s mouth and onto the ground.

“Let’s do it again,” he said, twenty times.


["I'll do it again... and again... and again."]

Now the lawn is covered with seed and should keep neighbourhood birds and squirrels happy for a few days.

If Ollie brings the dinosaur on a regular basis I’ll have to think of new ways to save money. Bird seed ain’t cheap, even though I am.

***

Men - want to save $25 on a regular basis?

.

No comments: