Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The Simple Life: I saved $20 plus tip before coffee at The Roaster

I have this poofy bit of hair that grows over the deep thought center of my brain and when it starts to go sideways I know it’s time for a trim.

Years ago I’d go to the phone, call Barb at Stanleyville and book an appointment.

One day, while getting my usual trim, I noticed that Barb had a new set of clippers.


["How easy was that? Saved 25 smackers": photo GAH]

I asked, “How much did you pay for those?” (I thought maybe they'd be in the $100 - $200 range, too rich for my blood).

“Less than $40,” she said.

I could afford $40 fifteen years ago so I picked myself up a pair and have been cutting my own hair, including the poofy bit, ever since.

And now, hair freshly cut and looking as shiny as a new dime, I’m heading out for coffee, knowing I just saved enough money to buy breakfast for my wife and I - for 2.5 days.

Big time spender - that’s me all over.

.

No comments: