Monday, May 24, 2010

A Day Off Pt 6: Final thoughts before heading to the shop

I carry a notebook, pen and camera (or two) while motorcycling. That way, if I hear a good line in a nearby conversation I can write it down for later.


(For example...)


While sipping coffee in Dorchester yesterday (on my way home from a great motorcycle ride), even the signs hanging from the ceiling caught my attention.

The Tim Horton ads made me think, why would a boomer or retiree ever want to cook again? Preparing meals at home might become a lost art.

I bet in a few more years I’ll say to Pat or a friend, “Let’s go to Tim’s for breakfast. Their English Muffin sandwich, with cheeses and egg and meat pattie, is only $2.59.”

After finishing a large coffee I’ll likely say, “Gee, I feel like lunch. How about that turkey caesar for $3.99. That looks good.”

And at about 5 p.m. I’ll likely say, “Meet you at Tim’s for supper. Their chili combo looks good and I have my face fixed for a Canadian Maple donut.”

What could be easier and more patriotic than that?

***

Some people must walk into a Timmies and think they’ve died and gone to heaven.

And in two years, after trying all the desserts, that’s exactly where a bunch of them will be.

Time to finish a birdhouse.

.

No comments: