Saturday, May 29, 2010

Great day to work on projects in The Shed

Today, the temperature on the front porch seemed close to boiling by 10 a.m.

Too hot for me to sit and relax.


["Purple martin house - ready for delivery": photos GH]


The back yard felt too hot.

At least too hot to cut the grass.

However, The Shed felt several degrees cooler, so I set up the chop saw, chopped up some custom trim, finished a purple martin house (without flush toilets) and then applied the second top coat to a wee boat that will journey with me to Halifax in about 10 days.


["Ready for trim paint, then spar varnish"]

The Shed keeps its cool and helps me keep mine during hot weather.


["If it floats, it should reach Scotland by 2012"]

Tomorrow, if it’s too hot to ride (Ha! Is it ever too hot to ride?) I’ll paint the trim on the boat - my wife suggested blue paint rather than red - and assemble one more purple martin house in the coolest joint in the neighbourhood.

Keep cool out there, folks.

.

No comments: