Friday, May 21, 2010

Highway 59 not only passed through Norwich, my hometown

It also passed through Woodstock, aka “the big city” when I was a kid.

And Delhi, Courtland, Langton, etc.

[Please click here to learn a wee bit more re King’s Highway 59.]

More importantly, it ended at Long Point (north shore Lake Erie), home to the Highland Dance Club, Causeway Restaurant and scores of small cottages, some belonging to friends and acquaintances. Cool.


["No bullet holes in this baby": photo GH]

To enjoy a hot summer’s day at the beach I only had to follow a few simple steps. Put on a swimsuit, throw a towel over my shoulder, tell my folks what time I’d be back, walk one block to highway 59, stand under the highway sign (it wore a crown in those days) and stick out my thumb.

So (and this is very important), if you have a H. 59 sign for sale, let me know. I want one for my shed.

And I’m a motivated buyer. I’ll pay big bucks for a sign that’s not riddled with bullet holes!

.

No comments: