Monday, May 31, 2010

It Strikes Me Funny: I know I’m getting older

My rear end was getting sore half-way there, but I persevered, and ultimately I got quite a thrill biking down the big hill that deposited me near the main beach at Turkey Point.


["Beach. Awesome. Dude.": photos GH]

It was a hot day and the beaches, streets, patios and arcades were swarming with people of all ages.


["New shades. Cool. You're the man. Dude."]

Many stopped what they were doing to smile at me as I motored by wearing my new red sunglasses.


Cool, they thought. Rad. Hip. With it, man. Dude.

Yeah, I'm all of that.

But I know I’m getting older by a particular choice I made after I parked my bike.


["Quiet. Shade. I'm the man. Dude."]

Of all the spots where I could sit and sip from my thermos (Yes, a thermos. I know. I must be 85 years old) I picked the one farthest from the crowds.

Good choice. The shady spot came with it’s own log.

You can’t sit and sip without a log.

***

Would you choose a busy beach or the log?

.

No comments: