Thursday, May 20, 2010

Would you be happy working in a giant garden?

As more people start shopping local for food, more people will think about becoming gardeners on organic farms or small plots of their own.

A good idea?

I think so, if the words of Daniel Hoffman’s (May 17 issue of Biz Monday) can be believed.

And I think they can. He shares his personal beliefs in a convincing manner and could easily inspire others to take a step back from eating industrial food products in order to eat better food.

“Hoffman believes organic agriculture has the ability to enrich a community on many levels, i.e., personally, socially, environmentally and economically.”

(More young people thinking about or searching for a job may like the sounds of that).

He also said, “Being able to do what I love - growing food and being outdoors while enriching the community - is what motivated me to launch my company (The Cutting Veg).”


["Put me in charge of beet greens. I'd be a happy camper"]

Okay, I really like what I do (I’m retired. How’s that for a satisfying career?), but if you don’t, maybe think about gardening or farming.

That kind of career or hobby sounds healthy to me.

***

Are you putting in a garden this year? Enjoy working outdoors?

.

No comments: