Sunday, June 6, 2010

Halifax Bound: Two more sleeps

Last night I typed a post concerning my work in the shop that related to adding weight to the keel of the SS Silver Walnut.

This morning I woke up and almost immediately thought, I’d better check on the boat. After all, I leave on Tuesday.


["How will this look in the morning?": photos GH]

The two strips of walnut look like they belong, don't they?


["The walnut works for me"]

This afternoon I’ll knock on my neighbour’s door and ask if I can drop the boat into his pool.

Predictions:

My neighbour will say, go ahead.

His three boys will come out and watch.

Two out of three will think it will sink to the bottom of the pool.

The boat will surprise us all.

Ten minutes later I’ll have dried it off and packed it up, ready to strap onto the back of my motorcycle before I depart on a 4,300 km. ride.

Now, I’d better go to Valu-Mart and stock up on Puritan Irish Stew ("with preformed chunks of meat," whatever that is), a suitable meal during a road side stop in southern Quebec or New Brunswick if I ever saw one.

***

Have I solved the ‘tipping’ problem?

I’m taking bets.

.

No comments: