Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Have you been to Riviere-du-Loup? Saint-Louis-du-Ha! Ha!?

I’ll be staying in fairly well-known cities, some I’ve never set foot in (Should I this time?), on my way to Halifax. I’ll mention all of them below.

If you have anything nice to say about the city or know of a spot within the city I should visit - let me know. If something bad and you think I should keep my eyes peeled - let me know.

Day 1 - Kingston

Day 2 - Trois-Rivieres, Que.

Day 3 - Riviere-du-Loup, Que. (Saint-Louis-du-Ha! Ha! is approx. 50 km. farther down the road. Should I stop to see what’s so funny?)


["I will get to each city in time for supper. That's important!": photo GH]

Day 4 - Frederiction, N.B. (I’m staying two blocks from a pub that sells Dark and Stormy Night Real Ale, made nearby. Also on tap - Man’s Best Friend and Timber Hog. My limit is two pints per day, so I’ve got some decidin’ to do).

Day 5 - Halifax (On may way to Halifax I’ll stop for lunch in Pugwash and say hello to Bernadette, the owner of a dress shop beside the diner).

Day 11 - Ottawa (The hostel was a jail at one time. I’ve booked a private cell and have asked that they cut the crusts off my bread. A good move?)

Day 13 - Fenelon Falls (I get to see Anna and Ella, twin grand-daughters, and go jump in the lake. Cool. If you have something bad to say about Fenelon Falls - save it. I want to protect my grand-daughters from reality until they’re old enough to take out a mortgage. I’ll let monthly payments for 25 years do the talking.)

So, what should I do in Ottawa for two days while PM Harper is occupied with G8 and G20?

.

No comments: