Friday, June 4, 2010

It Strikes Me Funny: I bought new rain gear, so...

I bought new rain gear for my trip to Halifax, so it’s likely going to rain steadily for the next three years.

For sure there will be rain tomorrow, because not only did I just buy rain gear, but Gathering on the Green in Wortley Village is scheduled to begin at about 9:00 a.m.

Let it rain, I say.

I have a new slicker and a car loaded with birdhouses sitting in my driveway and more packed in banana boxes in the living room. Oh, I’m ready.


["This is one purple martin house before paint and assembly": photo GH]

My wife asked, if I sell 15 birdhouses will I have enough gas money to get to Halifax as well as back home?


["I think red and white are just about perfect together"]

The answer: Yes. But if I sell 20 then I might stay an extra day in Halifax.

(I hear the tour of Alexander Keith’s Brewery is mildly interesting. And the notion of free samples might keep me occupied for at least an extra afternoon).


["Four large units, with two smaller ones on top"]

Rain or shine, I’ll be selling birdhouses tomorrow and I’m sure to have one that will fit nicely in a tree in your yard.

Please drop by, at least to say hello.

.

No comments: