Saturday, July 31, 2010

Birdhouse Spotting: Port Bruce, north shore Lake Erie

After a morning of hard work I rewarded myself with a short motorcycle ride to a lake shore hamlet about 60 km. from my front porch.


I spotted several birdhouses during the hot afternoon ride but only stopped once. I preferred to coast and enjoy the breeze blowing through what’s left of my hair.


Three people sitting on a blanket in the shade wondered why I stopped my bike beside their house but didn’t complain while I too a few pictures.

I didn’t bother to ask if the birdhouse was active. I knew it had been in the past at least. A bit of nest stubble appears in one doorway.


["Birdhouse stubble on the right": photos GH]

Please click here to see photos from my last trip to Pt. Bruce.

***

So, now you know what I sometimes do during an afternoon off, especially if it’s hot outside.

Did you coast on Friday. Catch a breeze?

.

No comments: