Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Snap Holiday (for only my wife's benefit, of course) Pt 1

Yesterday morning, shortly after the temperature in Deforest City hit 125 F (just a rough estimate), I turned to my wife and said, "Pack your bags. We're leaving town."

We're going to Fenelon Falls," I continued as she started to protest in surprise.

"We're going to visit our grand-daughters." (Oh yeah, I know how to win her over to my spontaneous ideas).


["The first of 4,500 photos on my new camera": photo GH]

"We're going to stay until Friday."

"We're going to sit on the dock and drink cold beverages."

"We're going to jump in the lake when we feel like it."

I heard a car door slam. I closed my mouth. She was already in the car.

Outside Milton I asked, "Which part of my plan got you into the car so fast?"

She answered with her own question.

"How do I take videos of the girls with your new camera?"

It is now Tuesday, 2:24 pm.

I am sitting four steps from the lake.

Three steps from a cooler.

Two steps... one... splash.

***

Let me know when the temp in Deforest City is under 100 F again.

.

No comments: