Friday, August 13, 2010

The Lite News: Chicago wins the Stanley Cup in overtime!!

The news is exciting, eh?

While I motorcycled to Halifax and back in June (from the 8th to the 20th), my wife stacked our daily paper onto a table in the computer room.

I’ve been reading them in reverse order and catching up on news that is several weeks old to say the least.

I just read an article related to the Blackhawks’ victory and Stanley Cup win on June 9.

Way to go Hawks!


["Next time I play for the dark team I'll wear this old jersey": photos GH]

Sorry I missed the game. I was in a hostel in Trois Riviere on the evening of the 9th. A TV or radio was not available.

I recall asking hostel staff in Riviere du Loup about the game the next day but, because I speak little French (“Micro brasserie - Ouvert” is currently my favourite phrase but I don’t know much else) I got no news about the game and only one slice of burnt toast for breakfast - which wasn't what I asked for.

For others who did not know, Patrick Kane scored the winner.

Way to go, Patrick.

I read that no one actually saw the winning goal, for some reason, so I guess I didn’t miss much. And there isn’t one chance in one million that a French-speaking person could have explained that to me on June 9th.

I say, better lite than never!


["My wife bought this for The Shed. Why Spain?"]

(Please click here to read more lite news).

***

Is Stephen Harper still Prime Minister?

What’s happening with the Blue Jays?

.

No comments: