Thursday, August 12, 2010

Rainy Day Money: We all need a peanut butter jar. Mayonnaise will do

Earlier I wrote that I’d find an empty peanut butter jar and start putting some of my hard-earned money away for tough times ahead.

I’m happy to report I’ve got the jar. (Sorry, it’s a mayo jar).

I even mentioned how I’d save $10 of rainy day money per week.


["A hard rain's a-gonna fall": photos GH]

To put my money where my mouth is, I’ve decided to give up on the Fri. 13th ride to Port Dover tomorrow.

The gas money saved (about $14 according to my calculations) will go into my mayonnaise jar.

I admit, I said a PB jar, but it got recycled right under my nose.

***

I’m going to sell nine rustic bluebird houses for $10 each too (Yes, I know. They’re worth much, much more!), to keep the ball rolling for a month or so.


Are you putting money aside for tough times?

$10 per week is a good way to start. The habit locks in after just a few weeks.

.

No comments: