Monday, August 16, 2010

Zoom w a View: I want to sail away on an inner tube

I rested my head upon my backpack and closed my eyes.


["Sounds of the beach at Lake Erie": photos GH]

My mind started to slow down and I heard the sounds of the beach on a restful, sunny, Sunday afternoon.


I heard a muddle of murmured sounds from a large family on my left, the excited talk of kids on inner tubes, the spontaneous noises from two sisters on my right.

Laughter from the older one as wave action bobbed her up and down, sharp cries of fear from the younger when she lost her balance on the slippery gravel shoreline and fell into a breaking wave.


Parents, close at hand, initiated immediate rescue while I dreamed about sailing away on a large inner tube.

***

An inner tube voyage sounds interesting.

What should I pack?

.

No comments: