Tuesday, September 14, 2010

In the Workshop: The last of the five-plexes

A recent batch of 5 five-plexes - with two feeding surfaces on each - took a long time to build compared to other models but the experience was rewarding.

If stained, rescued barn board showed up at my door once per year, for free, I’d be a happy man.


(Okay, I'm already a happy man. So, I guess I'd be happier).


["It seems that birds can spot seeds a mile away": photos GH]

I like adding trim to make the windows more interesting or appealing.


Yes, that’s right. I can now add ‘custom window maker’ to my resume.

***

To take a break from large projects, I started a batch (6) of small birdhouses yesterday in the shop. (So, I have two new piles of cut stock to deal with this week).

The place smells like red cedar again.

I love it.

(Count on it. More pictures to follow).

.

No comments: