Thursday, September 9, 2010

It Strikes Me Funny: Do wind turbines attract many tourists?

Shortly after my second column about wind turbines hit the street I received the following positive email (to add to my vast collection of positive emails that are kept in a well-organized file entitled ‘brilliant response as far as I’m concerned’):

Gord,

Thank you for setting the record straight on the alternate energy
issue in this province.

I studied wind turbines in Denmark in 1999 and installed turbines (177) in the Gaspe area as well as in Costa Rica (39) and I always found them to be beautiful as opposed to the alternate.


["My most recent photo of a turbine; Aug. 29, west of Pt. Burwell"; photo GH]

What I learned about turbines is that they are not dangerous at all to humans and birds.

Anyone travelling in Europe and around the world will tell you that they are very nice to look at, and in Gaspe they have become a tourist attraction...

Best regards, Maurice F.

And best regards to you too, Maurice.

Next time I travel to Halifax I’ll take the Gaspe route.

I’ll count heads and determine if there are more tourists than turbines.

***

Have you seen the Gaspe turbines?

Any micro brasseries in the region?

Et ‘Ouvert?’

.

No comments: