Thursday, October 28, 2010

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

Though mighty oaks dominate the landscape around an old mill pond west of Delaware and yellow-gold lindens frame a streetscape on Duchess Avenue in Wortley Village, some of the most eye-catching leaves I’ve seen this fall, in my opinion, are in my neighbours’ yards and in my own side and back yards.




["Great view from a side window": snaps by GH]

I can look out a side window to see this fire engine red Japanese Maple on one neighbour’s yard.

These orange berries (on a Mountain Ash?) are just a few steps farther away.


One of the brightest (and initially the smallest) displays of red is visible over my side fence in another neighbour’s yard.


["Red on green, two weeks ago"]


["Red on orange, yesterday"]

One doesn’t have to travel far to see amazing sights, though I admit, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

***

Please click here to view more scenes near an old mill pond.

.

No comments: