Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The Crossword: 29 Down - drinks a lot

Saturday’s crossword (London Free Press) featured a fellow I have not heard of in dozens of years.

Solve 37 Across - Mr. Green Jeans’ TV pal.

Hint - 15 letters, starts with C - A, ends with R - O - O.

Answer - Captain Kangaroo


[Link to other ‘possibly’ well known music]

I raised my eyebrow after penning in my answer and wondered, “Whatever happened to that guy?”

Sure, I could have Googled him but I had more puzzle to solve and a Sudoku waiting.

And perhaps the puzzle solved my riddle for me anyway.

Solve 67 Across - amounts owed, 5 letters, starts wit D, ends with S.

Solve 29 Down - drinks a lot (arch. or literary), 5 letters, starts with T, ends with S.


Then solve 56 down - heavy beers, 4 letters, starts with A.

Did the crossword reveal his fate or did he have a decent retirement?

***

What did happen to the Captain?

Debts? Topes ales?

More Lite News here.

.

No comments: