Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Motorcycle Miles: To Port Stanley and beyond

Sunday was a perfect day for a motorcycle ride. So, I warmed up the Virago before noon, and to escape the sun’s glare on my return home I headed southwest from London to Talbotville, then west to Shedden and beyond.


[“Many motorcycles crossed the span in Pt. Stanley during my stop”: photos GH]

As I neared Iona Station on highway 3 I felt it would be a good day to visit Hawk Cliff, so I headed south for county road 16.


[“Gull, geese and Gord enjoy a sun-filled day”]

Once on it I headed west toward Fingal and then southeast toward Port Stanley. Though I could have stopped a zillion times to take photos of colourful scenes I stayed on the bike and enjoyed the clean air and rumble of the bike.


[“Anything for sale? I need a ‘week-ender”]

The smell of fall was definitely upon the breeze. As I flew up out of one valley south of Iona Station I caught a whiff of decaying leaves.

I stopped twice in Port Stanley.


[“I’ll take the orange boat. I’ll call it ‘My Cottage’”]

Once to take pictures from a crest just north of the bridge.

Again to enjoy a coffee and two ginger cookies at Spicer’s Bakery, on the main corner. (Bill - $2.03: corner table and newspaper - free).


[“I’ll ask Ollie if he recognizes any cars by name”]

After a 30 minute pit stop I sailed uphill to pick up Dexter Line, the road to Hawk Cliff.

***

More Motorcycle Miles here.

.

1 comment:

Ahmad said...

This is really a nice place to visit.