Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Not Made in Canada: “We can’t make ghosts for Hallowe’en?”

I try not to buy too many things from China, if any. (It’s hard, I know. China drops things all over the place).

Why? When I see goods from China I think, our country is quickly going to H-E-double plastic hockey sticks in a plastic handbag.


["Ain't this cute? It ain't?": photos GH]

Part of the reason - we’re letting people in China (and many other countries) make stuff for us that we could easily make ourselves.


In other words, we’re exporting jobs so we can buy cheaper stuff. This is not good.


We can make plastic ghosts, and plastic twist ties and plastic packaging, can’t we?

We can still draw funny faces, right?

***

Do you check to see where things are made?

Are you cutting back on plastic stuff?

Did we ever have a spirit of conservation?

.

2 comments:

lanniedee said...

Yes I read labels all the time too and it's getting harder to find things made in Canada. The reason I try not to buy things made in China is also the safety factor..got rid of all my plastic dishes this year..not healthy what they put in a lot of their products..It's so important to support Canadian made products, might cost a little more in the end, but we might be helping to support our relatives! love L.Dee

G. Harrison said...

Hi LD

Our thirst for cheap prices puts a lot of people to work, just not always in Canada. I don't go to Wal-Mart or the Dollar Store for that reason.

Keep well,

G