Saturday, October 16, 2010

Toronto Maple leafs: In first place in the East

I know, it’s hard to believe, but with four straight wins and 8 points, the Leafs rule the Eastern Conference in the NHL.


To celebrate their third win, I wore an old woolen Leafs jersey for the first three shifts of my last Wednesday’s 50-plus hockey game.

I received some ridicule (to be expected).

E.g., “You’ll make a good target for my slap shot,” said one sore loser.

I also received some positive comments.


E.g., “Hey, looks good, Gordie!” said another die-hard Leafs fan - on the opposing team, no less.

Next week, I’ll wear it again for 3 - 4 shifts early on in the game.

Once I warm up a bit, however, off it goes. The thing weighs 40 pounds when soakin’ wet.

No wonder Original Six games look a bit slow compared to today's teams.

***

Keep yer stick on the ice.

.

No comments: