Friday, October 1, 2010

Under the cloak of darkness and secrecy

Whatever you do, don’t tell Prime Minister Harper I snapped pictures of restricted photos inside the National Art Gallery in Ottawa, Canada.

Usually I’m not so bold. Usually I don’t post blogs that could get me thrown into the clink.

But, I’m so proud of the work on display on Canadian soil.

Even the gardens inside the gallery are works of art.


Okay, I don’t get why orange squares are so valuable but I’ll try to be open-minded. After all, I was a square once, maybe still am.


Need a pair of red boots? We own four pair and a red cupboard.


I swear, I once had boots just like this in the early 1970s.


Yes, there are strong winds a-blowin’ on Lake Superior.


The above work is about 3 by 4 feet in size. Amazing.

***

More to follow, as long as you don’t squeal on me.

.

2 comments:

lanniedee@gmail.com said...

Some things never Change! When mom or dad said: "Gordon, don't do that", it was like a red flag to you meaning, "I'm going to do that!"..even the government can't stop those red flags..I guess it just means as an adult, you still have your sense of child's play which we all need and should try and keep..love L.Dee

G. Harrison said...

Hi Sis,

we're back - with lots of photos. Don't tell the RCMP.

I had a pleasant conversation with a security guard, showed him my camera, even told him he should buy one ("See how easily it slips into my back pocket?"), and he didn't seem to concerned. So, I took pictures when no one was watching. Yes, it was sneaky but I'm like that, for sure.

Cheers,

Gord