Friday, October 22, 2010

The Workshop: Old lumber becomes new ice cream parlour

I think the 32” length of barn board I held in my hands last week came from the Dorchester landfill site over a year ago.


["Ice Cream Parlour duplex; yesterday, chickadees gave it a once over"]


["Sides are from old cedar deck boards"]

It was the last piece from a small collection of boards that could be used for birdhouses.


["Roof over the hole - from leftover cedar pickets": photos GH]

I cut four faces and looked through other small piles of lumber for pieces that could become roofs, sides, bases, trim, etc.


["Slab roof is from pine rescued during our house reno"]

Once all the pieces were cut and sanded I assembled two Ice Cream Parlour duplexes.

Birds like ice cream, right?

***

I asked the above question earlier, while making single family homes from other oddbits of rescued lumber.

.

No comments: