Monday, November 29, 2010

In The Workshop: I tried to get too greedy

I was late getting out to the shop today because I almost fell asleep after watching a few Fireman Sam episodes on the TV with grandson Ollie.

Honest. My head was on a pillow. My eyes were closed. The blanket felt so warm.

Then I thought, can I get 3 or 4 birdhouses out of the blue shelf I bought yesterday?


["The colour sold me on buying a used shelf": photos GH

My mind got working on measurements so I got off the sofa and went to work.

(Now, what I call work isn’t much more taxing than laying under a blanket).

So, I was late getting to work and then I wasted time trying to measure the wood in such a way that I’d get four small birdhouses out of two boards. I eventually realized my miserly-minded plan wasn’t going to work out.

Three will be fine. The blue paint looks good and by cutting around some mars and holes in the lumber I won’t have to tidy up by painting the wood myself.


["I wonder how my Maple Leafs are doing?"]

I will add trim tomorrow, however. And I’ll try not to waste time by over-thinking the process.

Lesson learned.

***

Click here to see more productive days in the shop.

.

No comments: