Friday, November 12, 2010

Motorcycle Miles PT 4: Last ride for 2010? Yup

Three brothers, aka Scott King Roofing Co., finished my roof this afternoon at 2:30, so said the note I found on the dining room table from my wife when I returned from my last ride of the season.

Gosh, the job was done in less than two full work days, mainly because of the great weather. Today they were done by 2:30, paid by 2:35.


["First stop - my bird-watching ridge west of Delaware": photos GH]


["Second stop - old mill pond south of Mt. Brydges"]

Because the temp was about 15 or 16 C I was long gone and passing through Wallacetown on my Virago 1100 at the time, south-west of London and on my way to John Pearce Park and the north shore of Lake Erie, one of Canada’s five Great Lakes. (The one that caught on fire in the 1960s at Cleveland, USA.)


["Entrance to John Pearce Prov. Pk., south of Wallacetown"]


["North shore, Lake Erie. Tough climb down!"]

No fires today. Just a fiery reflection from the lake’s surface and the bike's chrome.


Brilliant.

***

Motorcycle Miles PT 3 here.

Winter storage on Monday. Boo hoo!

.

No comments: