Sunday, November 14, 2010

Week in Review: Fireman’s visit not even mentioned

This has been a banner week at It Strikes Me Funny.

As usual, local and personal events were entertaining and rewarding.

The Maple Leafs fired blanks but I survived.

I prepared for Remembrance Day by visiting the cenotaph in my home town.

I took my last motorcycle ride for 2010 on a 17 degree Celsius day.

In the process of writing a ‘series of some significance’ I grew in understanding of the 24-year old man who became my father.

However, the highlight of the week was a visit from a young fireman, about which I failed to write a word.


[“Two of my favourite people discuss ‘drop, rock and roll’, or something like that”: photo GH]

It was Ollie’s first over-nighter at his grand-parent’s house, and may I just say, he was as good as gold.

***

I’ll miss the motorcycle but other things will surely fill my plate.

The Leafs might even win a game next week. They play NSH on Tuesday.

.

No comments: