Saturday, November 6, 2010

The Workshop: I need to make some smaller frames

LP albums sit inside cedar frames on all four walls of my study.

Dylan, Costello, Stones, Wilburys, Cream, Simon. All small - big pleasures with long lives.


["One of my mother's old 78s": photos GH]

Recently I thought I should add an old 78 (Deep Water) to a blank spot on one wall. I listened to that one a lot when I was a wee tad.


["The 78 was pressed here in London, home of lovely Sparton radios"]

Then I thought, what about that 45 of Bruce’s?


Maybe an old Stones’ 45 too,eh?


["A Stones' tune written by Lennon and McCartney"]

And Connie Francis?


I see busy times ahead in the workshop.

***

I’ll take a break from building birdhouses now that I’ve finished a six-plex from rescued lumber.

.

No comments: