Tuesday, December 28, 2010

I Ask You: Have you ever been to Beamsville?

Recently, when I realized a reader had visited from Beamsville, I confused the town with Beachville. I wasn’t driving at the time so I didn’t get lost.
'
I did, however, begin to wonder at the time why Beamsville sounded so familiar. I later realized it was because on one of my last motorcycle rides of the season I past through Beachville on my way to Woodstock.

Another reader left the following comment:

“Beamsville is in Niagara. I think it is near St. Catharines.”


The reader is correct. And two years ago, on my way to Niagara Falls, I drove down highway 81 for a stretch and past through Beamsville. (I live an exciting life as my memoirs will reveal).


["My dad once owned a car very much like this": photos GH]

Photo files reveal I stopped at an abandoned garage/motel/mystery building and took a few photos of an old sedan in the parking lot.


I ask you:

Have you been to Beamsville? Seen this car? What type of car is it? Do you know the year?

***

More about Beamsville vs Beachville here.

There’s even more here if you’re truly interested.

.

No comments: