Wednesday, December 1, 2010

My Morning Smile: Oh, I’m feeling a bit cocky is all

Two or three times per day I hear a slam on the back deck, and after a week of hearing such a noise, I now know what it is - and grin widely.

My clothesline poles have fallen. A squirrel has tried to snag birdseed from my feeders. They’ve failed.


["The beer cans are a lovely piece of work": photos GH]

The combination of poles, held lightly in place, and beer cans on the lines has stymied the squirrels - for now.


["Two bags of seed mix - for birds only! Or, so I say now"]

I say ‘for now’ because squirrels are brilliant and will likely inherit the earth after humankind has used up all the resources.

While I speak, two squirrels are sitting in a nearby tree with an Etch-A-Sketch - twisting the knobs this way and that - and they’ll come up with a way to thwart my devious plan.

I’d say more but I need some face time with my own drawing board.

***

Should I feed the squirrels in another location or keep trying to thwart their evil plot to take over the world?

Another Morning Smile here.

More Bird Watching here.

.

No comments: