Friday, January 21, 2011

Bird watching: My luck hasn’t changed much

I’ve been trying to snap at least one good photo of the male cardinal that visits my bird feeder on a regular basis.

Just this morning, while I was puttering, my wife said, “A cardinal is at the feeder right now.”

“Is it the male?” I asked.

When she said ‘yes’ I grabbed my camera and walked toward the back door window.

“I need to clean the glass. Stink. He’ll be gone,” I said.

So I took one photo - a poor one in my opinion.


Not only do I need to clean two panes of glass I shoot through but I need to change the feeder’s position so the perch isn’t in the way.

While I explained the tasks to my wife, the cardinal hopped into the open, looked at me and flew away.

“Stink. My camera wasn’t ready.”

I’m learning - but slowly.

***

More Bird Watching right here.

.

No comments: