Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Bits and Pieces: That’s right. Two books for $7.75

You were probably aghast!!

“How can that happen?” someone likely blurted out.

Yesterday I wrote the following after returning from a successful trip to Chapters bookstore:

“Because my wife bought the coffee I was able to browse for free and walk out with two books for $7.75 plus tax.”

Really. It happened.

The Boys of Everest. $5.99 before a discount.


I read 35 pages last night while riding my exercise bike. It was so worth it. That is, buying the book. The riding tired me out but I a bad night’s sleep followed.


The Birder’s Companion. $2.00 before discount. Only 1 copy left. Get there quick if you’re into birding.

No doubt, I’ll be referring to both books in some way in the future.

Sure, only $7.75, but I’ve got to get my money’s worth.

***

The last book I recommended was also linked to the great outdoors.

.

No comments: