Friday, January 28, 2011

In the Workshop: Dreamin’ of more motorcycle miles

While tidying the workshop today my mind started to wander.

Each sweep of the broom took my mind farther west.

When I opened the shop door to flick dust outside and onto the deck I wished it was summer and my motorcycle was packed and in the back laneway - engine running.


["I can hear the sound of my old bike. I want to go."]

Normally, I take what I get and am happy to be where I am at the time. (Unless I’m in an expensive restaurant and it’s my turn to pay).

It’s January and I don’t mind snow and cold weather.


But I want to see Lake Superior again on my way to British Columbia. I want to sit on familiar rocks and burn toast over a campfire and watch scenery go by as my odometer counts off mile after mile.


[Photos by GH, from London to Thunder Bay, 2007]

Do I ever.

***

Okay, I need to more patient. Build my birdhouses. Save more money for the trip west.

Do I have cabin fever?

(Usually I’m so well-balanced. Yeah, right!!)

.

No comments: