Monday, January 24, 2011

Oil Barrel: Hear it from the oily horse’s mouth

When I want to check the current price of oil I go to price of oil.org, and while there I snoop at current articles about oil.

A recent article (Jan. 20, by Andy Rowell) caught my eye.

Headline:


“CO2 emissions to rise by 25% in 20 years, says Big Oil”

Might as well hear it from the horse’s mouth, I said to myself.

I read the following:

“We are on the path to climate chaos, Big Oil has admitted.

“Both BP and Exxon have conceded that progress on climate change is totally insufficient to stabilize CO2 emissions.

“Both oil companies have just published their Energy Outlooks, and the outlook looks grim.”


Though the outlook is grim, and readers may not be looking for grim today, I recommend at least a short trip to the full article.

It is from the horse’s mouth after all.

***

More news from the Oil Barrel here.

.

No comments: