Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The Workshop: Classic Series Birdhouse Model 002 is underway

I don’t want to get out too far ahead of myself, but already I’m thinking that light green paint for the body and navy blue for trim will look good.

Classic colours for The Classic Series. (Note the capital letters. This is an important series. Definitely NB).

Cedar for floors and inner walls is cut and sanded.


The jig saw is ready. Six windows and one door will be cut out quickly - about 60 - 120 seconds per.


All windows are marked with quarter-inch holes to allow me to drop the jig saw blade through the wood.


The front of the birdhouse (top) is nailed to the floor (right).


One side is almost completely attached. Soon it will be ready for the second floor and roof.


Light green and navy blue. A good combo, I think.

***

Last efforts from The Workshop can be seen here.

.

No comments: