Saturday, January 15, 2011

The Workshop: The Classic Series is moving forward

My latest batch of birdhouses will be called The Classic Series and because they are so big and important the name deserves capital letters.


["Is bigger better when building birdhouses? We'll see": photos GH]

So far, I’ve priced only two purple martin houses at over $100 per unit, but I think every one of The Classic Series will be almost twice that. People have to pay more for capital letters, you know.

The sloped roof (2 degrees) and four apartments took a bit of time - the most part of yesterday afternoon.


The workshop was chilly so I worked quickly. Fortunately, I didn’t hit my thumb even once.


Instructions on the paint cans tell me I shouldn’t apply paint unless the temperature is over 10 degrees, so I’m going indoors to the basement.


The primer coat is finished, so tomorrow I should be able to apply the first of two coats of white latex and think about what colour the trim will be.


Red, blue, yellow, green? Whatever I decide, I have the feeling I’ll be dreaming in technocolour and 3D tonight.

***

How much are capital letters worth these days?

Earlier pictures from The Workshop are right here.

.

No comments: