Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Bits and Pieces: PT 2 “Ring, ring. This call is for you”

Over coffee this morning my wife and two friends discussed a lot of important issues.

The chaos in Egypt, books we are reading, new phones, volcanoes and an Adam Sandler movie.

I was the one that brought up the movie.


["Pick up the phone. Pick up the phone!"]

I seldom watch Sandler’s offerings. I have my reasons.

But grandson Ollie brought one to the house yesterday (Bedtime Stories; it’s not one I would pick out myself; I have several excellent reasons) so we watched it together with a bowl of popcorn handy and a blanket over our feet.

This morning at the coffee shop I said to my friends, “If I ever get a new phone I want the ring-tone I heard yesterday while watching a movie.”

Then I demonstrated the tone.

I just said the words ‘ring, ring, Ring, RING, RRIINNGG!’

I used my old-man’s voice (it’s brilliant) and each succeeding ring got louder and more agitated.

They laughed.

And that’s what I was going for. The ‘old-man-getting-more-agitated’ ring-tone.

I’d be willing to pay five bucks a month for that tone.

***

Read Bits and Pieces PT 1 right here.

.

No comments: