Monday, February 7, 2011

The Workshop: Newfoundland streetscape on paper

I’ve seen the CBC TV ad from Nfld./Labrador 100 times. Scout's honour, I'll go... someday.

But first, I’ll make a few birdhouses that remind me of a familiar scene, i.e., a streetscape from St. John’s.


Because many streets in St. John’s travel uphill and/or downhill, depending on where you’re standing after getting screeched in (and ‘if’ you’re standing), I’ll make a birdhouse display board that rises by short steps from left to right. Or, from right to left, depending on... I’m sure you get it.


The units will be about 8 inches wide, and 12 - 18 inches tall, brightly painted and fitted with one or two holes.




And for the first time in my life I’ll launch an advertising campaign that encourages people to “collect the whole set.”


You could first buy the one on the left, with the kitchenette, and work your way uphill. Or, you could buy the one on the right and...

***

Please click here to visit The Workshop again.

.

No comments: