Sunday, March 27, 2011

It Strikes Me Funny: It might as well be today

At some point in your long and illustrious life (at least I hope it’s long and illustrious and you celebrate birthdays with vigour and pizazz) you should check out my weekly column, also called It Strikes Me Funny.

Because my deadline is Sunday, 2 p.m., and it appears the following Thursday (sometimes earlier online) and I am usually thinking about another topic or two by the time it hits the street - or I’m out shopping like a little demon - I often answer the question “So, what did you write about this week?” by saying “I have no idea. Really. No clue.”

Like a real schmuck I feel.


So I often hand people my card, on which is the online address to my column. Then they visit the paper’s website and discover the titles of columns are listed - but no names of columnists.

Later, people come back to me and say, “I checked out the website but couldn’t tell which column belonged to you.”

So, I pull out another card, or a napkin (not always fresh, mind), and write down what I think the title is, or was, when I wrote it several days before. Sometimes I get it right. And people are delighted.

For your own delight, you should read my most recent column. Follow the links in the right hand margin under the heading “It Strikes Me Funny: Weekly Column.”

I think it’s about hockey. I forget. My mind is elsewhere right now.

***

Please click here to read a Significant Series about my last topic, i.e., hockey.

Yup, pretty sure it was hockey.

.

No comments: