Friday, March 11, 2011

It Strikes Me Funny PT 1: Is ‘restaurant trouble’ big trouble?

Headline - ‘Trouble On Menu’

“Rising fuel prices are hitting restaurants hard, a double whammy in an industry where many already struggle to survive.

“Couple that with Ontario’s rising minimum wage and an extra 7% tax on food in the form of HST in B.C., and many in the industry are facing “death by a thousand cuts,” said the head of a national association representing restaurants.”
(Kelly Pedro, Mar. 11, London Free Press)

Here’s how I’m feeling.

If I can’t eat out several times per week, then my life - my lovely, normal, delightful, easy, convenient set of routines - will be over. OVER!


["Thing$ are changing so fast. What's going on?"]

If I have to pay more for an over-sized supper (nicely large enough for me to get tomorrow’s lunch or dinner out of it), then I’ll be hopping mad. HOPPING!

If I can’t pull up to a drive-thru window and pick up a neatly folded bag of hot, fast, cheap, sweet-and-salty-smelling and fatty-tasting grilled fresh supper (like, tonight’s burger night) - while I wait about 30 seconds - then I’ll likely put my fist through a wall. A WALL!

I mean, what are the alternatives around here?

More frustration to follow.

***

What’s this world coming to?

Please click here for more information about Thing$ Going North $$.

.

No comments: