Wednesday, March 2, 2011

It Strikes Me Funny: Waterloo road trip - it’s on

With or without adequate funding I’m going to take a road trip to Waterloo once warm weather arrives here in my corner of Canada. (I.e., warm enough for the motorcycle).


[“Too cold yet in old London Town”: photo GH]

Already a reader has suggested a nice restaurant after digesting my recent column.

Bob U. wrote:

“Looking for restaurants in Waterloo - check out the Harmony Lunch. Not a "steakhouse" but probably the best hamburger you ever tasted (don't forget the fried onions)! You won't regret it.”

I had to laugh. Bob was a mind reader.

I mentioned in my column that I’d look for a nice restaurant, perhaps enjoy a good steak, but in my official request for adequate funding I said I required (officially) “$50.00 - for gas, cheeseburgers, parking fees, one cold beverage, maybe two.”

London’s Mayor wants a zero tax increase. I can’t be greedy. So, cheeseburgers it is, funding or not.

However, thanks to current information from three of Waterloo’s seven councillors, I now know of at least three cozy pub/restaurants at which to enjoy a craft brew.

One councillor even said my first beer was bought and paid for already.

So, it’s settled, the road trip is on, and will likely morph into an over-nighter if I sell a couple of big birdhouses before temperatures get in the teens.

***

Please click here for more It Strikes Me Funny.

.

No comments: