Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The Workshop: Jelly beans anyone? Anyone?

Jelly Bean Row is a specific, very colourful place in St. John’s Newfoundland. It is there you will find ‘jelly bean’ row houses that appeal to the artist’s eye.




[“My own Jelly Bean Row will soon be ready for occupants”]

“The houses speak to me on many different levels,” she (Allison Earle) says. “Their bright, vivid colours appeal to the designer in me. The fact that many of them are heritage homes stirs a sense of history, reminding me of the generations of families who have lived there. And their Victorian features are so welcoming and friendly, it evokes feelings of home for me.” - Allison Earle, artist (Please visit Jelly Bean Row.com)

Jelly Bean bird houses are taking shape in my workshop at the moment. Six lovely flavours.




[“Two of my jelly beans still need a second coat”: photos GH]

Hopefully, soon, each will appeal to a small bird with an eye for colour and a desire for cheap rent.

***

Please click here to view earlier shots from The Workshop.

.

No comments: