Saturday, April 16, 2011

It Strikes Me Funny: Wanted - hoodie w bigger pockets

[hoodie - sweatshirt with a hood and a very large pocket in front, capable of carrying, but not limited to, walkman and headphone. The Urban Dictionary]


My youngest son must be decluttering, as I am at present. He gave me a hoodie last Sunday, never been worn. Price tag still on it. Excellent.

It comes with a special feature for the musically inclined. That’s me all over. I’m singing along to ‘Angie’ by The Rolling Stones while I type.

(“Let me whisper in your ear. Angie. Angie.” Oh yeah, Baby.)


Strategically placed ports. My sweatshirts didn’t have that feature when I was a hip kid back in the 1960s. Hip times 2. H2.


Unfortunately, after locating the right earbud, I discovered my 10-transistor radio didn’t fit inside the pocket.


Stink. Foiled by NIKE and their belief that modern-day hipsters only rely on compact units these days, like 8-track players, single cassette recorders or Sony Walkmans. Or iPud, or whatever.


["All photos by Global Gord aka H2"]

Can I get a hoodie with bigger pockets, please?

***

Please click here for more It Strikes Me Funny.

.

No comments: