Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Letters to the Editor: Smoke and fire down your pants

[I’m not alone. My recent series, ‘Welcome to Harperville: Smoke and Fire Down Your Pants’ obviously touched a nerve in many.]

Letters to the editor in last Saturday’s issue of The London Free Press reveal I have the pulse of 65% of the nation. (The other 35% live in Harperville).

Justin Z. writes (re coalition governments):

“... people need to realize they are legitimate... a constitutionally viable option.

“It saddens me to see our leaders using bad leadership and flat out lying to Canadians about how a parliamentary system works.”


In other words, Justin realizes PM Harper is just trying to blow smoke and fire down your pants.

Edward J. M. writes:


“I’m being told more and more often that Canadians do not want an election. Well, I am a Canadian and very proud of it. I do want an election.”

In other words, PM Harper’s first words to the press after Parliament had to be closed due to his contempt (“The vote today, which obviously disappoints me will, I suspect, disappoint most Canadians”) was just him blowing smoke and fire down your pants.

Jim R. writes:

“... one party in particular has gotten under my skin. The Conservative party has come out warning people a coalition... would be a bad thing. Stephen Harper has a short memory. The Conservative party is a coalition of the former Canadian Alliance and the Progressive-Conservative party”

More smoke and fire from the big man. Down your pants.

Virginia B. writes:

“Harper’s message of misinformation that the budget was the excuse of the opposition (i.e., reason for non-confidence vote) is being reported by most news services in such a way it appears to carry more weight than the truth (i.e., Harper’s contempt for Parliament).”

More smoke. More fire. Down your pants.

And... you heard it here first

Harperville - Smoke and Fire Down Your Pants

.

No comments: